MYmind for Youth: Advanced Teacher Training for Youth with ADHD, Autism and Behavior Disorders and their Parents / Formação Avançada para Facilitador de Programa de Mindfulness para crianças/jovens com sintomas de PHDA, PEA e prolemas de comportamento e suas famílias
This teacher training intensive is for psychologists, counsellors, psychiatrists, and other (health care) practitioners who work with children and parents. Because experience is the best teacher, we also work with own experiences as a child, parenting experiences from our own family of origin, and for those who are parents, own parenting experiences, and partner experiences. In this five-days and-one-evening intensive is intended for international (mental) health practitioners with a background in mindfulness training and meditation, who want to use Mindful Parenting with their clients. Participants will receive training in both the clinical and preventive program.
MYmind is a mindfulness-based 9 session parent and child training program that aims to improve focus and concentration, and decreases impulsivity, hyperactivity, and aggression in youth (9-18 years) with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). MYmind has been extended to address stress, anxiety and depression and appears to have a positive effect on social communication in youth (9-18 years) with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
The parallel mindful parenting training supports parents in their parenting of their child with AD(H) or ASD, by cultivating present-moment and non-judgmental attention for the child, by understanding the world from the perspective of their child, by dealing differently with parenting stress, by becoming aware of automatic patterns of reacting to their child, and by focusing on the reality of the condition of their child and accepting it for what it is. Parents learn how they can support and reward their child's mindfulness training. Also, the training may help parents with their own possible attention and behavior problems, as because of genetic overlap, parents may have a similar condition.
MYmind is provided in groups of 6-10 children, depending of the age and conditions, and 6-10 parent (couples). During three of the sessions, parents and children come together, to meditate together and share experiences. MYmind can also be applied for individual families.
Although this is primarily a clinical training, some research elements will be included as well. The effects of MYmind for children with ADHD and ASD and their parents will be discussed.
MYmind is found to have profound and long-lasting effects on child and parental psychopathology and wellbeing, on parenting stress, over reactive parenting, the parent-child relationship quality, and family functioning, in families of children with AD(H)D, autism, and behaviour disorders.
This five-days and-one-evening intensive is intended for international child mental health practitioners with a background in mindfulness training and meditation, who want to use MYmind with their families. MYmind is provided by two therapists, one for the child group and one for the parallel parent group. As such, it is recommended to participate in the current training with a colleague, although not required. It is advised to reserve enough time for studying the literature and manual before start of the training, in order to get most out of the training days. The training will be given in English.
Contéudos /Workshop Content
In the teacher training the theory, research, but mostly the practice of MYmind is reviewed. Ways of working are:
- Studying literature (theory and research) and reflection
- Experiencing MYmind practices/meditations in the role of a child and of a parent, and reflection upon these experiences (teach back)
- Practicing MYmind practices/meditations in the role of instructor, reflection upon these experiences, and through feedback by the group and teacher further cultivate own skills and attitude
- The inquiry process with children with ADHD and autism, and their parents, horizontal and vertical
- Working with group dynamics: the magic of the group
- Practicing with “difficult” groups/children/parents, and own reactivity
- Watch videos of parts of the MYmind training with children and parents, and their reflections on what they have learned
- Discussing setting up MYmind courses in own context, including intake and assessments
From this teacher training, participants will learn:
- How to conceptualize ADHD, ASD and behavior disorders from a mindfulness framework
- How to teach mindfulness to children and adolescents
- How to work with groups of youth with ADHD, ASD and behavior disorders
- How to instruct mindful parenting to their parents
- How to work with children and parents together
- How to do the inquiry with these children and their parents
- How to apply the program with individual families
- How to work with own reactivity as a trainer when challenged
- The professional manuals of MYmind for youth with ADHD and with autism, and their parents
- The workbooks for parents and for youth with ADHD and autism
Informações adicionais e pré-requisitos /Preconditions
– Mestrado em psicologia, aconselhamento, psiquiatria, ou outro na área da saúde.
– Ter, no mínimo, participado num treino de MBSR, MBCT ou MSC ou, preferencialmente, ter terminado uma formaçao.
– Ter participado (ou ter prevista para breve a participação) num retiro de silêncio de 5 dias.
– Ter uma prática de meditação regular.
– Como parte do procedimento do recrutamento poderá existir uma discussão preliminar. Se tiver interesse em participar, coloque as suas questões via e-mail.
– Por favor não reserve voos ou hotel antes de receber um e-mail a confirmar a realização da formação, será necessário um número minímo de participantes para a realização do workshop.
– Esta será feita em língua inglesa.
– Os participantes recebem um certificado de Facilitador de MYmind for Youth se estiverem presentes na maior parte dos dias da formação e se, de acordo com a avaliação da facilitadora, mostrarem (desenvolverem) atitudes e competências suficientes e capacidade de auto-reflexão ao longo das práticas.
– A master in psychology, counselling, psychiatry, or other health care master.
-Having participated in an MBSR, MBCT or MSC training for oneself, at minimum, or preferably having completer a mindfulness teacher training. -Having participated in a 5-days (or longer) meditation retreat, or the intention to complete this soon after the training. -Having one’s own meditation practice.
Please note these preconditions clearly in the field of application form. In a conversation with the teacher these preconditions may be checked.
-Please don’t book flights and hotel before you have received a confirmation that the training will take place!
– Participants receive a MYmind for Youth trainer certificate when having been present sufficiently, having shown sufficient (development in) attitude and skills, having shown sufficient self-reflection in the practices during the training, all as judged by the teacher(s).
You can ask your question through the email:email@example.com
Preço e condições de pagamento
– O valor da inscrição inclui coffe-breaks, materiais da formação e jantar silencioso a 15 de julho.
Pagamento pode ser faseado em 3 prestações.
Sobre a Formadora / About Susan Bogels
A professora Dra. Susan Bögels é psicoterapeuta clínica, especializada em terapia cognitivo-comportamental e mindfulness para crianças, pais, famílias e empresas. É professora de Mindfulness na University of Amsterdam (UvA), fundadora do laboratório da família UvA e do centro de tratamento académico da UvA, no qual intervenções cognitivo-comportamentais e de mindfulness baseadas em evidências são oferecidas a famílias com psicopatologia.
Os seus principais temas de investigação são a transmissão intergeracional da psicopatologia pelos processos familiares e o custo/ eficácia das intervenções baseadas no mindfulness. Muita da sua investigação, realizada por investigadores de excelência, tem recebido prémios. Publicou mais de 200 artigos em revistas científicas internacionais, muitos capítulos e 14 livros. Os seus livros sobre mindful parenting são traduzidos em vários idiomas e as intervenções de mindfulness desenvolvidas por ela e seus colegas são usadas em todo o mundo. É editora da revista de sucesso (fator de impacto 3.6) Mindfulness (Springer).
Prof. Dr. Susan Bögels is a licensed clinical psychotherapist, specialised in cognitive behaviour therapy, and mindfulness for children, parents, in families, and in companies. She is professor in Mindfulness at the University of Amsterdam (UvA). She is the founder of the UvA family lab and the academic treatment centre UvA minds, in which evidence-based cognitive-behavioural and mindfulness interventions are offered to families with psychopathology. Her main research themes are the intergenerational transmission of psychopathology by family processes and the (cost)effectiveness of mindfulness-based interventions. Her fundamental research was awarded with several personal grants for excellent researchers (Aspasia, VIDI, VICI). She published over 200 papers in international scientific journals, many chapters and 14 books. Her books on mindful parenting are translated in several languages and the mindfulness interventions developed by her and her colleagues are used worldwide. She is associate editor of the successful journal (impact factor 3.6) Mindfulness (Springer).
Testemunhos / Quotes
13 a 17 de julho